For more than 2 years I have been working regularly with an artist of Indian origin, living in Eastern Europe. Many of you like and order her patterns with warm colors, clear and decorative designs.
Dhara Shah has just published an excellent book to guide you in your first steps in traditional embroidery.
The book has 6 parts:
- simple information on the supplies you need, where to get it, etc. and lots of tips to start and finish your job
- detailed explanations of 15 of the most common traditional stitches – descriptions, photos, etc.
- 6 models to be made each with a single stitch
- 7 models to make with several stitches
- 7 “functional” models – embroidered clothes, placemats, etc.
- all model designs in full size.
Why do I recommend this book? Because it offers really easy access to traditional embroidery, with pretty, modern, fresh and colorful projects. I especially like that we can practice one stitch while doing a whole project. And Dhara is a real good teacher, very generous in her explanations and advice. In addition, the book is large and sits open easily.
To get it directly from Dhara – https://www.etsy.com/in-en/shop/ChainStitchStore?ref=profile_header or on Amazon.